Sunday, July 24, 2011

Meeting #5

Delilah's @ The Reading Terminal
7/24/2011

Society members present:
Me
Crystal (Her first meeting!)
Maureen
Debra

I decided on Delilah's (often confused with the strip club around here) because, Oprah had proclaimed it the best mac n' cheese back in 2007. I was willing to challenge Oprah on this one but, it was the closest to homemade mac n' cheese so far. I also chose Delilah's because I didn't have to call ahead to make a pseudo reservation, you just show up and order, and find a table in the Market. Luckily, Delilah's has a nice large communal table next to their space.

It was nice to have such a small group, especially after a long night of imbibing in spirits and hilarity. I totally forgot my notebook to write in and I didn't ask for anyone else to write their opinions.

We met at Delilah's, which is a small stand in Reading Terminal. They had three people working, one cooking, one dishing out food into take out containers, and one taking money. It was a simple set up and the food looked delicious. I ordered a large mac n' cheese, which the dude scooped out and crammed into a styrofoam container. They pack it full for the $10.80 price tag. There are breadcrumbs, which would not compliment the serving style. I dug in once I was seated and it was so, so delicious. The most creamy, cheesy straight up mac n' cheese I have wrapped my lips around. I didn't need to add salt, I didn't complain about the cheese. It was awesome. I ate the entire container and probably could've ate another. The overall consensus was that it was delicious mac n' cheese. The members who went to other meetings agreed it was the best so far.

I highly recommend visiting Delilah's at Reading Terminal and ordering a large container of mac n' cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment